“It's all about the family, take care of the Family and you take care of the Solider. This allows Soldiers to focus on their mission with the understanding their Family has been left in good hands.” –Curt Savoy, U.S. Army
Michaels Management Services provides best-in-class community management services to Michaels Military Housing. The company's current portfolio includes four Army bases and two U.S. Air Force bases, where they are managing over 8100 on-post homes valued at $1.9 million.
In 2011, Michaels Military Housing property management company (Michaels Management Services) was named a finalist for the prestigious Pillars of the Industry Award for Property Management Company of the Year. It was the first time that the National Association of Home Builders' award program recognized a military housing management company for this honor.
- Michaels Management Services has achieved over 99% of incentive fees based upon superior performance in all areas of community management from DOD Leaders.
- All Michaels Management Services community managers have been accredited with IREM’s ARM® designation and are proceeding toward the CPM® designation.
One of the Military's Most Trusted Partners
- One example of why we’re one of the Army’s most trusted partners: When Michaels was asked to assume management operations at Ft. Benning, GA, Michaels executed the smooth takeover of 4,000 homes within a 24-hour period, with no down time in services or leasing. Within 8 months, the property had achieved the highest occupancy to date and is now producing positive NOI.
- Innovative marketing and creative management decisions by Michaels regarding housing upgrades and incentives have been so successful that we have achieved records occupancy rates at all our properties and exceeded pro-forma expectations, despite military deployments, ongoing housing renovations, and existing conditions upon taking over the properties from the services. We have increased occupancy from average of 75% to over 90%.
- Michaels Management Services places high priority on employee development through a wide variety of techniques: our on-line Michaels Institute training courses, team-building retreats, IREM Accreditations, professional organization training conferences, vendor training programs, and personal counseling.
- Exceptional care of military families. Our Deployed Spouses Program provides assistance when spouses are deployed. Hang Christmas lights? Rearrange furniture? Assemble kids’ bikes? Yes, we do.
- Always on the leading edge. Michaels alone has the IPad Virtual Welcome Center with “Michaels App” to help residents find homes, view floorplans, communicate, and enhance their experience.
- Unsurpassed Performance. Record occupancy, resident satisfaction and profitability; resident outreach and activity programs cited as “Best in Business” by the Army.